How To Improve Indoor Air Quality In Windsor, LaSalle, Tecumseh, ON, and the Surrounding Areas
Air Quality is often overlooked when it comes to home safety… Stale indoor air and heating systems can increase allergens in your home, which can impact your health over time. So how can you improve indoor air quality?
5 TIPS TO IMPROVE INDOOR AIR QUALITY?
There are quite a few DIY remedies to consider, however hiring a professional to check your home’s air quality is always a good idea too! We’ve put together 5 tips on how you can improve your homes air quality:
- Humidity Control: From mold to dust mites, most allergens are attracted to moisture which can have an overall effect on your health. The more humidity in your home, the more likely mold, and mites can grow. At Affordable Heating & Cooling, we always recommend keeping the humidity levels in your home somewhere between 30-50% to help reduce the chance of allergen buildup. Investing in a dehumidifier is also a proven way to control the humidity levels in your home, as well as a properly installed air conditioning system before the summer weather arrives!
- All-Natural Cleaning Products: While bleach and other bacterial cleaning agents provide you with the power of disinfecting, it’s important to note that several of these products can negatively affect your home’s air quality and your overall health by simply breathing in fumes from these products. We HIGHLY recommend opting for all-natural cleaning products, avoiding harsh chemicals. All-Natural Cleaning products are not only better for your family, but they are also environmentally friendly!
- Regular HVAC Maintenance: HVAC systems play a very important role in your home’s health – you can think of your HVAC system as the “lungs” of your home; filtering away harmful allergens and dust. It’s important to keep in mind that HVAC filters will need to be changed regularly. If these filters aren’t changed regularly, they can easily become clogged, causing them to work harder – ultimately this will increase your energy bill. Investing in an air purification system can also help to vastly improve your home’s air quality – combating microorganisms, odors, particles, bio-aerosols, and chemical vapors.
- Regularly Cleaning Your Floors: Yes, we know… cleaning the floors can be a pain – BUT having clean floors can significantly improve your home’s air quality! Even if your home isn’t a high traffic area, dust, pet dander, and debris can accumulate throughout your home, leaving the floors dirty and prone to insects. Vacuuming regularly can also help keep carpeted areas clean, eliminating the amount of dust and dirt buildup!
- Improve Indoor Air Quality with Affordable Heating & Cooling!: Improving the air quality in your home will also improve your quality of life! When spending most of your time indoors, it’s important to ensure the air your breathing in is clean – leading a much healthier lifestyle!
At Affordable Heating & Cooling, we can provide you with the solutions to avoid allergens and pollutants in your home! Give us a call at (519) 966-9960 to make an appointment today or contact us online.
Tags: affordable, air quality, DIY home remedies, heating and cooling, indoor air quality