An air conditioning unit is a machine designed to serve us based on our comfort needs, but it also requires some services to serve us the best. Several easy methods help us enjoy the maximum benefits of air conditioning in the summer. Below you will find easy tips every AC owner needs to know.
Air Conditioning Summer Tips
These tips are not complicated and are super beneficial. Keep in mind that you will need an air conditioning contractor in Lasalle only for annual AC service, whereas the other mentioned tips are DIY.
- Prepare Your Air Conditioning Unit For Summers: You should schedule an annual AC service during spring to prepare your AC for summer. This preparation will also save you from expensive Air Conditioning repair in Lasalle. You will notice an increase in AC efficiency soon after getting the AC serviced.
- Do Not Let Improper Ventilation Steal The Cool Air: The ventilation, like open windows, doors, cracks, and holes, exits the cool indoor air. This exit decreases the cooling inside and makes our system work harder to reach the appropriate cooling level. Thus, we will face two problems due to improper ventilation which include poor cooling and high utility expenses.
- Go For Indoor And Outdoor Shading: The indoor shading prevents excessive heat from entering the inside. For this purpose, keep the windows closed and put a blind over them. The outside AC unit also needs shading to prevent it from getting too hot and easily damaged. You can get the appropriate shading installed by the technician. You can also plant vegetation, maintaining the proper distance and height.
- Don’t Make Way For Debris To Get In: When we plant bushes, shrubs, etc., to prevent the direct reach of sunlight to the outdoor AC unit, we have to be very careful. If we keep the vegetation too close to the outside unit or we let the vegetation grow excessively, this lets the debris get inside the AC unit and hinders its performance. So, we have to keep the unnecessary vegetation pruned.
- Clean The Air Conditioning System: Follow the air filter replacement schedule and replace it between 60 to 90 days of usage. It is essential to clean the drain lines as this component also plays a vital role, like an air filter, condenser, and evaporator. The drain lines can be cleaned with the flush of chlorine bleach, whereas a coil cleaning spray and vacuum will help us clean the other AC components.
- Change The Non-Programmable Thermostat: If you live in a very hot region, the non-programmable thermostat will not be as helpful as a smart thermostat in getting the desired temperature. As the smart thermostat has a motion sensor, auto temperature settings, and an easy control method, we get the best indoor atmosphere when we install a smart thermostat.
You can get annual AC servicing or any other HVAC services at the most affordable rates at Affordable Heating & Cooling Inc. We have over five decades of combined experience. Schedule service today, and let us keep your home comfortable.