For some homeowners, it can be difficult to let go of an old HVAC system and purchase a new one. Keep in mind there are a lot of varieties of heating systems available. All these systems come in different shapes and sizes, and it all comes down to making the appropriate selection. For the best advice on heating replacement in Lasalle, contact Affordable Heating and Cooling and let the experts help you make the right choice.
Learn About The Different Types Of Heating Systems Available In The Market
- Furnaces: In a furnace, the air is heated and distributed throughout the home through a series of ducts. Furnaces are the most popular heating systems, with a 15 to 30 years lifespan. Gas furnaces are the most used as the air conditioner can also use the ductwork during summer.
- Boilers: Boilers are one of the most popular and widely used heating systems. A boiler has a lifespan of about 15 to 25 years. The energy efficiency of a boiler is between 50% to 90% depending on its age. A boiler sends hot water or steam through pipes to your home’s radiators, floor systems, or coils to provide warmth.
- Heat Pumps: A heat pump is used to provide both heating and cooling to your home. A heat pump does not generate heat directly like a gas furnace; it uses electricity and refrigerant to transfer heat. As a result, a heat pump is a much more efficient heating system than the others.
- Hybrid Heating: A hybrid heating system combines a heat pump’s efficiency and the gas furnace’s power. Your heat pump will operate most of the time to provide heating to your home, and the furnace part will only start during extreme temperatures.
- Ductless Mini Splits: The ductless mini-split system allows you to create a separate heating zone with a separate thermostat and doesn’t need any air ducts to function. These systems are very helpful for larger homes and areas that don’t have any ductwork.
- Active Solar Heating: These systems use sunlight to warm the liquid or air to provide heating. You can store the heat for later if you don’t need it at the moment. These solar heating systems have a life expectancy of more than 20 years.
- Radiant Heating: A radiant heating system transfers hot water or heat through special tubes on the floor, ceilings, or walls. The heat is generated by oil, electricity, or propane. These systems can last long, but repairs can be very costly if any problem arises.
Make The Right Choice
There are many factors to consider when picking up the perfect heating system for your home. For example, the climate of the area you live in, availability of fuel, energy efficiency, and size of your house are some factors to consider.
Choosing the right system is a big decision and should not be taken lightly. Our company provides expert guidance to our customers with this process. Contact the Affordable Heating and Cooling professionals and let the experts help you make the right choice with exceptional furnace service in Lasalle.