Many homeowners often question whether it is time to repair or replace their furnace. The answer to this question depends on many factors, like the age and condition of your furnace.
Here Are A Few Tips To Help You Know Whether To Repair Or Replace The Furnace
- The Furnace Is Too Old: An average furnace is designed to last for 15 to 25 years. You can extend the lifespan of your furnace by hiring a professional for its maintenance and repairs annually. It will improve the functioning of the system and will make it more smooth and more efficient. However, if your furnace is more than 15 years old and is causing issues, the best option would be to replace it.
- Loud Noises: Different noises or unusual sounds indicate problems and issues with the system. Based on these strange noises, such as rattling, popping, banging, humming, and screeching, show that you need a new furnace installation . Contact Affordable Cooling and Heating Inc for the best heating replacement in Lasalle and surrounding areas.
- Temperature Fluctuations: When the furnace becomes old, it will start to function less efficiently. It will also lose its ability to provide an even heat distribution throughout your home. If you are wondering when to replace your furnace, the sudden changes in the temperature between different rooms is a telltale sign. Hence, it proves that it is time for you to consult a licensed professional and start your search for a suitable furnace for your needs.
- High Energy Bills: After your furnace reaches a certain age, it loses its efficiency. Also, it becomes difficult to maintain the temperature in your home, leading to a sudden increase in the monthly utility bills. If you are wondering whether to get a furnace replacement, consider your next repair’s cost. If the total repair cost of the furnace is more than half the cost of getting a furnace replacement, choosing the replacement option would be a better option.
- Soot And Dust Buildup: Soot and dust lingering around your home is a big and unpleasant problem. Soot or dust and dry air can cause damage to your wood flooring, chairs, shelves, or other household items. Plants are one of the major signs that show the problem of the low moisture in the air. If you experience excessive soot and dust in your home, the reason behind this can be your old furnace producing too much carbon dioxide.
- Yellow Furnace Flames: An efficient furnace always produces a clean blue flame while operating. However, if yellow flames come from the burners, it indicates that the furnace produces carbon monoxide. Yellow flames can also indicate a dangerous gas leak or an improper combustion process that needs repairing quickly. So if you are experiencing these yellow flames in your furnace, along with a gas odor, call a professional immediately.
We at Affordable Cooling and Heating offer the best HVAC services, like furnace repair in Lasalle at affordable prices. If you need the best heating and cooling solutions for your home, call us today and schedule an appointment.