A furnace tune-up in Windsor performed by certified and skilled technicians is important. Experts are trained to look over your furnace keenly and have the tools and knowledge to fix small problems before they become significant.
A Few DIY Furnace Maintenance Tips
- Change Your Air Filter: Let’s not forget the vital role that filters play in eliminating dust, dirt, allergens, and mold from the air in your home. An older filter less effective in doing this job once it’s dirty. Think about purchasing high-quality filters in the event of replacing your current filters.
- Check For Loud Noises: Do you hear strange noises when the heating unit is on? The unusual sounds can indicate that there’s an issue brewing within your furnace. Contact a professional for furnace maintenance in Windsor as soon as possible.
- Keep Vents Clean: It’s recommended to conduct a professional duct cleansing carried out every couple of years, mainly if the home is old or you have pets living in the house. It’s a fantastic method of getting rid of dust and dander.
- Clean Your Furnace: Cleaning the space around your heating system of dirt and dust by sweeping it regularly and vacuuming helps keep the inside of your furnace neat. Ensure you’ve turned off the circuit switch on the furnace and turned off the gas before removing the panel connecting to the blower.
- Clean The Outside Units: Do not allow tall grass or other plants to grow around your outdoor units.It can hinder the airflow of the unit and reduce efficiency. Ensure that you have at minimum two feet of space from the building, trees, or any other obstructions on the exterior of your heat pumps.
- Test Your Carbon Monoxide Detectors: Carbon monoxide (CO) is an unscented and colorless gas that is harmful in large quantities. Every home should include a CO detector mounted on the wall on each level. Replace the CO detector’s batteries every six months.
- Check Your Pilot Light: If you have a gas furnace, one of the best methods to test it is to look at the pilot lights periodically. If the pilot light is blue, then all is good. However, a pilot light burning yellow or a different color could indicate problems and should be examined by a qualified technician.
- Schedule Regular Tune-Ups: Scheduling furnace maintenance in Windsor every year is a good idea to ensure that your furnace is in top-notch shape and identify minor issues before they turn into costly repairs.
Maintenance tasks that are appropriate for your furnace’s condition could be complex. Call a professional technician to maintain your furnace. Even when you think you can handle most maintenance tasks on your own, it’s recommended to engage an expert to inspect the equipment and ensure it’s operating correctly.
An annual preventative maintenance check with skilled technicians of Affordable Heating & Cooling, Inc. will keep your HVAC running at its peak. Call us at 519-966-9960 or drop us a mail for a furnace tune-up in Windsor.