Furnace maintenance schedules can be hectic for furnace owners. Why would someone want to remember the date for the maintenance schedule of their furnace and spend dollars on the regular maintenance?
You may think that furnace maintenance has no value, but you need to rethink. Furnace maintenance schedules are important and necessary for your furnace to regulate its working condition and know how many more years it can work. Furnace maintenance has many benefits. Here is everything you need to know about furnace maintenance through a professional HVAC company providing furnace service in LaSalle:
Checklist For a Furnace Inspection
Your technician will give all the attention to your furnace that it has wanted for the past few months. If you maintain a proper schedule for furnace maintenance, your technician will not have to do extra work on the system. However, if you did not take care of your furnace, you can expect to see your technician work for a few hours.
Here is what your technician will do in the furnace maintenance schedule:
- Check and clean the vent system and grilles for any cloggings.
- Inspect and replace the heat exchanger, if needed.
- Thoroughly clean the blower for debris and dust.
- Check the electrical connections for any damage or loosening.
- Inspect the flame sensor and burner for dirt and debris.
- Check the belts for cracks or damage.
- Inspect the thermostat and its wires for proper functioning.
- Lubricate the moving parts for better efficiency.
- Clean or replace the air filters as per the system’s requirements.
- Test the safety controls and startup cycle of the system.
If you own a gas furnace, your technician from the HVAC company will do the following as well:
- Check the fuel lines for leakages and holes.
- Test the gas pressure, pilot light, and burner.
- Check the thermocouple for faults or malfunctioning.
When to Call a Technician for Maintenance?
Of course, you will not call your technician every month for furnace maintenance. Furnace maintenance is important, but you need to know its right frequency.
The ideal time to call your technician for furnace service in LaSalle is before the starting of the winter season to ensure that all the parts and components in your furnace are proper and the system will work with its highest efficiency. Contacting your technician at least once a year for furnace maintenance is the ideal frequency, but you can call them twice a year if your furnace keeps malfunctioning.
Benefits of Regular Furnace Maintenance
Furnace maintenance ensures that your system does not consume more electricity than it should, keeping your energy bills in check. It also increases the life expectancy of your system so that you get the most out of it and decreases the chances of sudden breakdowns.
You should call a professional and well-experienced technician by searching for the best HVAC repair company near me to ensure that the technician knows what they are doing with your system. Contact Affordable Heating and Cooling for quick and hassle-free furnace maintenance services. Call us at (519) 966-9960 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to know about our services.