Have you ever experienced an AC breakdown during the hottest day of the year? It’s frustrating and uncomfortable and can affect your quality of life. A well-maintained AC system can last many years and provide efficient cooling and comfort. At Affordable Heating & Cooling, we understand the importance of a reliable and functional AC system, and we’re committed to helping you get the most out of your unit.
In this blog, we’ll discuss eight ways to increase the AC unit lifespan and how hiring our professional air conditioning contractor in LaSalle can benefit you. By following these tips and trusting our expertise, you can avoid unexpected breakdowns and enjoy a relaxing and worry-free summer. Contact us today for a consultation.
Tips To Extend The Lifespan Of Your Unit
- Regular Maintenance: The essential factor in increasing the lifespan of your AC unit is regular maintenance. It’s recommended to have your AC system serviced by a professional air conditioning contractor in LaSalle at least once a year, preferably before the summer season. Regular maintenance can help identify potential issues before they become significant problems, improving your unit’s efficiency and lifespan.
- Change Filters Regularly: Air filters are crucial to your AC system’s performance. Dirty filters can restrict airflow, making your unit work harder to cool your home, resulting in increased energy bills and a shorter lifespan. Changing your air filters regularly, preferably every three months, or more frequently if you have pets or allergies, is essential.
- Keep Outdoor Unit Clean: The outdoor unit of your AC system can get clogged with debris, dirt, and leaves, affecting your unit’s efficiency and lifespan. It’s essential to clean the outdoor unit regularly and remove any obstructions around it. You can use a garden hose to rinse off the unit and a soft brush to clean the fins.
- Install a Programmable Thermostat: A programmable thermostat can help regulate your home’s temperature, saving you money on energy bills and reducing the wear and tear on your AC unit. By setting the temperature higher when you’re away or asleep, your unit won’t have to work as hard, extending its lifespan.
- Use Ceiling Fans: Ceiling fans can help circulate air in your home, reducing the workload on your AC unit. Using ceiling fans with your AC system can create a comfortable living space while reducing your unit’s time to run.
- Don’t Overwork Your AC Unit: Use your AC system wisely, and do not overwork it. For example, avoid setting the temperature too low or leaving doors and windows open while the AC is running. Overworking your AC system can lead to breakdowns and a shorter lifespan.
- Check Refrigerant Levels: Refrigerant is an essential component of your AC system, and low levels can affect your unit’s performance and lifespan. It’s recommended to have your refrigerant levels checked by a professional air conditioning contractor every year. We are always more than happy to service you, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Hire a Professional: Hiring our professional air conditioning contractor in LaSalle can benefit your AC system when it comes to performing the best maintenance and repairs. Attempting to repair or maintain your unit yourself can lead to costly mistakes and even damage your AC system. Call us, and our professional technician will help diagnose and repair any issues with your AC system, increasing its lifespan and efficiency.
Contact Us Today
Increasing the lifespan of your AC unit requires regular maintenance, proper use, and professional assistance. At Affordable Heating & Cooling, we understand the importance of a functional and efficient AC system. We’re dedicated to providing the best air conditioning repair in LaSalle. Contact us today to schedule a maintenance appointment or repair service, and let us help you get the most out of your AC system.